Sunday, 30 September 2007
Noise
We live a semi rural area. Yesterday we went into the city. We have been toying with the idea of moving toward the city. Better schools, more choice in shops, better public transport. But after yesterdays adventure I think staying where we are is a lot better. The noise of so many people and cars crowded together just drove me crazy! Japanese shops have this terrible habit of blasting music in the stores, with tape players screaming at you to buy the cheap meat or vegetables. I like the idea of calm background music and I always thought the idea was to make you relax so that you spend longer in the store therefore spend more money. Here I want out as quick as possible! Add that to kids screaming, parents yelling and after a few hours I had had enough and was happy to get back to the peace and quiet here. Until this morning when I was awoken at the unearthly hour of 6am (this is a Sunday!) by birds, magpies, screeching outside of my window. From what I could see a crow had attacked a magpie and another magpie was screeching at the crow. All very interesting but not at 6am!