Pages

Tuesday, 4 September 2007

End of Summer Holidays but not the Heat

Back to school yesterday. Kids went okay. I'm exhausted, I think the last few weeks of intense heat has totally me!! It is still hot but more manageable, only 31C today instead of the 35c we have been having!!
The house is a total disaster. I don't know if it is me, this house or the Japanese way of living but I seem to be buried under a load of clutter. I throw out as much as possible but there still seems to be more and more stuff. On Sunday I cleared off a couple of bookshelves and managed to throw away two big bags of trash, out of date magazines (really out of date one was dated 1995, I was keeping for the recipes which I have never done!), workbooks that my eldest did in first grade, he has just started high school!! I'm hoping that as the weather cools down and I get a bit more energy that I can get things sorted, before it is too cold to move. I don't deal with extremes very well.
September feels like a new start. I guess growing up in England this time of year was the start of a new school year. And the freshness of new clothes, new book bags, books and pencils has stayed with me. So this month I want to restart some exercise, I did almost nothing in August, just to hot but I hope to pick up a bit this month. I am so stiff from not exercising. This morning I did a bit of weight training, i have very little upper body strength. I hope to get on my exercise bike a bit later. I need to make this a habit.
More another day.