So that awful time of year has finally arrived...the summer heat is here.
Yesterday was really hard....the mercury hit 35.4C about 95.7F.
I managed to do most of my daily chores in the morning when things
were still manageable, the afternoon just taking things slowly.
I realised that this is the only way for me to survive here. I am
not Japanese and I can't handle this heat. There again I think most
Japanese are also having problems with these extreme hot days.
Even my husband says that he can remember riding his bike around
during the summer holidays and it was never this hot.
Is global warming for real? Will I have to suffer this every year
from now on?
July 18th starts the summer holidays so I am going to get my thinking
cap on to find things for the kids to do. Maybe spend a lot of time
in the library, the air conditioner is great, plus do some craft projects
at home. I want to get a paddling pool set up outside to help cool
off. There is also a load of DVDs to watch and if things get really
tough there are always the video games.