Pages

Friday, 14 August 2009

SUMMER

This summer hasn't been as hot as the past couple of years, which is great as I don't have any air conditioners here. We have made do with fans!!
Had a couple of days out, one day to Nagasaki. That was great but I wouldn't want to live there, far too many hills to climb and most of them very steep!!
The other place we went to was Kumamoto City which has a nice zoo and castle. H enjoyed the zoo, this was the first time that she remembered going. The castle was nice but the climb up 154 steps to the top was killing!!
D is struggling with his homework, poor kid can't get his brain around math and I am no help at all!!! Husband tried to help but stormed off after a few minutes! At times like this I really hate the Japanese education system, it is so narrow and really doesn't allow for differences in character!