Pages

Saturday, 8 November 2008

Shock

My computer has been playing up and not allowing me to access my blog.
Well life has certainly thrown me a curve ball.
We moved to my MIL's house in May. She lives in the countryside, the house is small
but we have a massive yard. We planned to convert the storage area into a Granny Flat as I know that living together would be hard. This hasn't happened. We were hoping that the income from selling the trees and plants that she grows would be a deposit for this but the market is very bad and there is basically no income.
The last week was the week from hell. MIL had yet another of her total melt downs, all over some misplaced toilet mats. She got so mad, accusing me of hiding them, that I should know where they are. There are 7 people living here, I have a hard enough time keeping on top of where the kids school books are, plus clothes for everybody, I'm sorry but toilet mats are at the bottom of my list. She upset my oldest son who punched a hole in the wall! So that is the end. We went to social services and they will come and see her next week.
The same time as all this is going on at home my youngest boy comes home upset. He had been kicked in the stomach during break time so went back to classroom. The kid who kicked him followed with 2 or 3 other kids. They pulled the chair out from my son, threw a ball at him and told him to drop dead!!! I was already upset because of our home situation so this was really bad timing. Husband and I went to the school and spoke for three hours. I told the headteacher that if he wanted C back at school then the bullies must be removed from the classroom. His option was to remove from C from the class. This got me mad. My son is the victim here why should he be separated from the class. If the school has the resources then the bullies should be taken out not the victim.
Then to just top my week off hubby got sick. He went to the local doctor with what he thought was a cough. Turns out that it was a symptom of congestive heart failure. So he is in hospital and will be for a couple of weeks. He seems to be responding well to the medication but this is a long hard hill to climb.
So I am left to cope with four kids and a batty old woman. I think I'll reserve a bed in hospital after my hubby gets out to rest!!!