......of summer holidays that is.
Why is it at the beginning of the summer I felt like I had forever to spend with my kids but now it is time to start thinking about back to school. Because the school year runs from April to March here the kids go back into the same class when they go back. In one way that is good, I remember dreading going back to school because it meant a new teacher, new classroom and some years even new classmates. But the draw back is the amount of homework the kids have here. My 5th grader has a lot to do, one work book for Japanese and math, then he has write out 30 pages of kanji, the Chinese characters that are used in Japanese, plus 20 to 25 pages of math drill. On top of that he has to do his own study. He has been very good about it this time round, but of course he wants to play and mess around. Summers should be about getting out and about, getting in the yard to look for bugs, chasing the dog or being chased by her, not studying all the time!!!