Pages

Sunday, 3 February 2008

February already



H and C at a park in November.










I can't believe how fast time goes by.

The end of January became very busy and now everbody is tired.
Hopefully got D's school sorted out. There is an alternative school
set up by the city which has just a handful students attending.
Hubby and I went to look and it seems nice, there are only six staff
members. One teacher leads the class the other staff members
circulate and help out. Two hours of study in the morning then
the afternoon is given over to activities. The school is behind the
library and set in a nice park, so hopefully when the weather gets
better the kids will be able to get out more. So one problem
solved, maybe.
Last week we decided to rearrange the rooms.....again. This house
is big, old and falling down. It's a rental and the owner has no interest
in spending any money to do even basic repairs. The tiles on the bathroom
floor are coming up, the old door between the bathroom and the garage
is rotting away, neither of the entrance doors close properly and the
windows don't close so if there is any kind of breeze you can really feel
it. We need to move but I would rather try and get money and build or
if we get lucky move back to England. Until then I rearrange rooms an
try to make the place more livable. It took 3 hours just to tidy C's room.
3 hours in one room!!! I knew it was bad but I got a real shock when I started
but for now it looks good. I have given my room to H. She needed space
for all her Licca Chan toys and her baby dolls. I got so fed up of falling over them
in the living room. H feels very grown up to have her own room. I feel very
sad, no more babies!!
The latest scandel here is the food poisioning caused by frozen dumplings
imported from China. Since last Thursday that has dominated the news.
I feel that the Japanese a very quick to jump on the bandwagon when another
country can be blamed but honestly the hygene at most dentists that I have visited
here would cause shock back home. The dentist I visit now never changes gloves
between paitents, washes his hands and gloves but dries them on a towel whic
is hanging by the sink. Not nice.
Tried to put some photos on. First one was okay but the second one was the
wrong one and I have no idea have to take it off. Plus everybody wants to eat
so I should go and fix something!!!!